The service supports adults with mental health problems including schizophrenia, personality disorder, bi-polar and depression as well as people with a history of drug and alcohol misuse.
This service is a spacious 4 bedroom Victorian property set over 3 floors situated in the Roath area of Cardiff. On the ground floor there is a comfortable communal living room, downstairs bedroom, staff sleep in room and large kitchen with a breakfast area and outside, a small private enclosed patio garden.
The property is very near the popular district of Albany road and benefits from many amenities, including supermarkets, a library, banks, pubs, shops and numerous cafes. It is within walking distance of local parks, including Roath park with its large boating lake.
We support individuals with Learning Disabilities, Mental Health Needs and/or Substance Misuse issues.
We enable people to achieve their full potential and maximum independence in a safe nurturing environment by:
• Utilising active support and recovery model methods of support to achieve measurable outcomes.,
• Working alongside each service user and involving the MDT and family if appropriate, to produce bespoke Support Plans accurately reflecting the way in which they want to be supported.
• Ensuring staff are well trained and experienced in supporting individuals with personal care and medication administration.
• Providing 24 hour support including a sleep-in provision, so that there is always some there to talk to.
• Focusing dedicated support hours on increasing skills within daily living tasks such as budgeting, shopping, cooking, planning a social life, accessing further education, medical health professionals and leisure activities.
Kelly has been with Regard for 15 years starting as a support worker and working her way up to senior and then onto the service manager position. During this time she has attained both her NVQ’s level 3 and 4 RMA in health and social care; Kelly also completes all mandatory training on an annual basis and completes all service specific training in order to ensure that she has the knowledge and skill to support the clients within her services. Kelly is currently working towards a higher apprenticeship qualification in Leadership & Management. The service has a small dedicated staff team and is led by a senior support worker who has 12 years’ experience in the social care sector and during this time has completed her NVQ level 2 and QCF level 3